Welcometo the neighborhood!
Waterleaf is a gorgeous 607 home community located in the East Arlington area of Jacksonville, Florida. Waterleaf is convenient to everything as we are 7.5 miles from the beautiful Jacksonville Beaches, 9 miles to Naval Station Mayport, and 12.5 miles from downtown Jacksonville. Onsite amenities include a sparkling blue swimming pool, children's waterpark, basketball courts, and kids playground. We have 12 ponds nestled throughout the community and two quiet walking paths through our very own nature preserves. Waterleaf is a spectacular place to call home!
Good news neighbors! According to the Duval County Schools transportation manager, Waterleaf will be getting a bus stop in the neighborhood for Waterleaf students who attend Landmark Middle School. The exact location of the bus stop has yet to be determined but should be announced in the next 2-3 days. Stay tuned!!
Good evening neighbors. Below is an excerpt from the official JSO report regarding the recent home burglary in the 500 block of Candlebark. Please, if you are a victim of a crime report it immediately. If you see anything that appears suspicious or out of the ordinary, report it. The smallest thing could be huge. Thanks!
“The victim reported the burglary the following morning after the incident and the victim stated that they may have left their garage door open during the night while they slept. According to the report, someone inside the burglarized home observed a tall male with hair walking out of the residence with items. As a result of the time of night and low visibility, a clear description was unable to be given. According to the report, the vehicle in the garage was also burglarized, with several items taken from both the home and vehicle.”
A home burglary was reported in the 500 block of Candlebark today. The burglary occurred during the night while the residents were at home. No one was physically injured. Please take extra precautions. If you have home surveillance that you think could assist JSO please contact the HOA board. Thanks and be safe!
We are all sharing this time and place together, so it behooves us all to be mindful and considerate neighbors of each other. If you own a pet, please be mindful of the laws put in place by the City of Jacksonville. In short, pet owners must pick up solid wastes from their pets and maintain control of their animal, typically by means of a leash. We’ve provided easy access bagging stations throughout the neighborhood. With that said, any issue that a resident has with another, in regards to a pet, be it noise, poop or restraint, please contact Animal Control, Jax non-emergency or file a complaint with the city of Jacksonville. This is their jurisdiction and does not involve the Homeowners Association. Please read the “Covenants and Restrictions” document you all agreed to when purchasing a home in Waterleaf. This will better help you understand what the HOA is charged with enforcing.
Lastly, please do not take on the responsibility of another life (pet) if you cannot immediately and in the foreseeable future care for the animal. We have several feral cats residing in Waterleaf and pet abandonment is not only sad, cruel, it is also against the law.
Here are some links to help you find the information you need.
Waterleaf Guidelines page
Come on out to the August Waterleaf HOA Board Meeting
Location: Waterleaf Elementary School – Media Center
Date/Time: August 18th, 6 PM
We hope to see you there.
This is a link to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s online contact sheet. It contains essential contact information.
Waterleaf is located in Zone 2 and is served by the Regency Square Station.
9501 Arlington Expressway Jacksonville, FL 32225
Phone: 726-5100 • Fax: 726-5103 Hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
As always, if the situation is an emergency, please do not hesitate to use the appropriate phone number.
Living in Florida means pop-up storms. Most pop-up storms happen in the afternoon hours and can be severe.
In order to keep our residents safe our pool attendants have the following simple policy regarding inclement weather.
- First clap of thunder is heard – clear the pool
- Pool may reopen 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder is heard.
If you would like to read more about lightning safety please visit the National Weather Service’s website: http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/
The Waterleaf subdivision is home to 12 lovely ponds spread throughout the neighborhood. We are all responsible for keeping our ponds clean and healthy. If you discover an issue with a pond, including any erosion, over-growth or fish kills, please call the property manager at your earliest convenience.
Please follow the guidelines below:
- Don’t blow grass clippings into pond or storm drains
- Do not over fertilize or fertilize within 10′ of the pond
- Fishing: Catch and release only
- Do not pour anything down the storm drains
- NO DIVING.
- Swim at your own risk.
- Pool hours and access as posted.
- Maximum pool capacity as posted.
- Swimmers must shower each time before entering the pool.
- Persons with infections or contagious health conditions must not use the pool.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- NO children in diapers in pool.
- Guests must be accompanied by a Member.
- No running or rough play.
- No skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, bikes on deck around pool.
- No large flotation devices.
- No food or drink in pool or on deck area not under roof.
- No glass containers in pool or pavilion areas.
- No smoking
- No animals.
- No loud music or other excessive noise.
- Report theft, property damage, personal injuries and malfunctioning equipment to the Property Manager at (904) 225-9070 ext. 106
- Proper swimming attire required. Please, no thongs.
- All Members are responsible for keeping the pool and pavilion areas neat and clean. Place refuse in containers provided.
- The pool and pavilion facility is owned by the Members. Each Member has an obligation to help make it a pleasure and joy for all.
- The water feature is limited to small children only, 55 lbs or less please.
- Guests are limited to 4 per family.