Architectural Review Board

Architectural Guidelines
These are the architectural guidelines that govern changes to your property. Most changes, excluding regular maintenance, require the owner submit a Architectural Review Request.  Please read these rules prior to submitting the Architectural Review Request Form below.  These guidelines also include important purchasing information for mailboxes and fencing.

Once you have submitted your request it will be referred to the ARB (Architectural Review Board).  The ARB will hold a posted and public meeting where they will review and vote to approve your request.

What is the ARB?
Waterleaf has guidelines that govern changes made to your property.  The purpose is to maintain property values by assuring all visual changes stay within the overall look and feel of the community.  The ARB is a board of your fellow homeowners who have volunteered to review requests for changes to parcels.  The ARB holds posted and public meetings where they will review and vote to approve requests.

When do I need to submit a request?
All changes that can been seen by your neighbors or from the street require ARB approval.  This includes, but is not limited to, new paint color, new landscaping and new structures.  If you are in doubt, it is best to submit the request.

How long does it take to get an answer?
The ARB has 30 days to respond to your request.  They hold a monthly meeting to review all requests for the last 30 days.  You might hear back in 2 days, you might hear back in 29, but never more than 30 or your request is considered automatically approved.

If the guidelines say something is allowed why do I still need to submit a request?
The ARB will review your request to assure that you are not over the building restriction line, blocking another neighbor’s view of a preserve or lake, blocking the view for traffic, using improper materials per guidelines, or for other possible problems that might occur as a result of your improvement.

What happens if I do not submit the request and do it anyway?
The board can demand you reverse the project at your expense if approval is not included in the association’s official documentation.

I did something without prior approval, how can I make it right?
Submit your ARB request ASAP and note that you have already completed the project.  If the ARB approves the project then the approval will go into the association records are you are set.  If the ARB denies your project, they will identify the problems and provide you with options to remedy the issue that may include completely removing what you have done.

Estoppel Information

KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, LLC, as agent for the Association, processes all Estoppel and Questionnaire requests.
To place a request for an Estoppel (including an expedited Estoppel) and/or a Questionnaire, please click the following hyperlink:
If you have any questions or would like additional instructions, please contact KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, LLC’S Estoppel Department by email:

Contact Us

Waterleaf HOA Facebook Page