The annual fall community yard sale. Clear your closets, organize your garage and upcycle. Make some extra cash for the holidays and get some fun finds!
This year’s annual meeting where any board recommended amendments will be voted upon, the board of directors will be elected and the annual budget for the next year will be approved.
For example, if you have a painting business, you may want to sponsor a face-painting table. If you have medical/veterinarian skills, perhaps you could bandage “fake blood” injuries. Landscapers – maybe you could park some of your heavy equipment and let kids take pictures while “commandeering” the machinery. Food business folks – how about some gift certificates for the costume contest and pumpkin carving contest winners? Are there any DJ’s out there willing to set the mood with a Halloween playlist? You get the idea!
To participate, just submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all business participants will be responsible for:
1. Setting up their booth/table/activity
2. Providing supplies for their booth/table/activity (including decorations and candy)
3. Cleaning up their booth/table/activity
The Waterleaf Board of Directors retains final approval of all participant booths/tables/activities.
We are in the process of revitalizing the Neighborhood Watch program here in Waterleaf. It is well known that neighborhood watch programs are a real deterrent against crime. Being part of our own Waterleaf Watch team takes very little effort. We will not have any schedules or appointed times for participating. If you like to take walks, or run, or ride a bike around the community, you can be a part of the team. If you don’t want to wear a Waterleaf Watch shirt, remember everyone can help (even from the comfort of their own homes) by reporting suspicious activity in our community.
What is Neighborhood Watch
Neighborhood Watch programs bring community members together to be an additional deterrent against crime in neighborhoods. Keeping criminals out of a community promotes a better, and safer quality of life for all residents.
Mission Statement for Waterleaf Watch
• To establish a reputation that Waterleaf is a protected neighborhood, and that criminal activity will be noticed by its residents
• To wear our Waterleaf Watch shirts around the community so as to create a public image that we are ready, and willing, to report criminal activity to JSO
• To further enhance a strong sense of community with neighbors looking out for each other
What all residents should do when we see criminal or suspicious activity
• Report suspicious activity to JSO
• Never engage a suspected criminal – just report what you see to JSO
• Don’t report any activity to our Waterleaf Neighborhood Watch email – only report to JSO
Emergencies – call 911
Jacksonville Sheriff Office Non-Emergency phone (904) 630-0500
Come join us for our Waterleaf Watch Kick Off meeting
Thursday, August 24th at 7:30 PM at Waterleaf Pool/Amenity Center
Whether you want to participate by wearing a shirt or if you would just like to discuss other ways we can help protect our neighborhood from crime, come join us for our kick off meeting.
Thank you for helping to make Waterleaf an even better place to live !
Vida McCullough, Waterleaf Neighborhood Watch Coordinator